Own Your Beauty: When Your Body Breaks Your Heart

You're receiving this email because you requested it.
 
You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Own Your Beauty
April 20, 2011

Hey beautiful,

 

we've been talking about some pretty heavy stuff this month on Own Your Beauty, which is why I want to point you over to Overthinking the Magic Bra, by syndicated blogger Jill Hamilton. I quote:

If my D-cup needed enhancement, what about my C, B and A-cup sisters? Would they be forced to don a completely fabricated chest, similar to those boys' superhero costumes with the build-in foam muscles? Would we one day just all don our blonde-haired, big-boobed, sweetly smiling full-body foam costumes, completely covering our unworthy, misshaped, shameful selves? No, by jingo! I would not be a part of it!

 

I found the tags and the receipt for the bra. I had to return it -- for the Good of Society.


This barely-a-B reader laughed and laughed. And was relieved to realize that even though I wished for a better rack for the better part of twenty years, I think I'm finally over it. Thanks to Own Your Beauty.

Enjoy!

 When Your Body Breaks Your Heart 

pregnant woman with stretch marks

Host blogger Bonnie Crowder has seen a lot of unexpected heartbreak on The Shape of a Mother. 

 

When I started  The Shape of a Mother in 2006, I had expected posts full of pictures of bellies, pregnant and postpartum, lined with joy and growth, wrinkled with love. Stories of women who learned to love themselves despite looking so different from the airbrushed models of magazines, stories of women who loved themselves because they looked so different.

What I didn't expect were the stories of heartbreak. Read more.


12 Tips from Athletes on HeartbreakThis month's 12 tips for overcoming heartbreak come from track and field athlete Akiba McKinne, Olympic hopeful MacKenzie Hill and steeplechase record holder Ann Gaffigan. Read more.
Thanks for reading!

Best,
Rita

Rita Arens

Rita Arens,  on behalf of the editors of BlogHer

Own Your Beauty on Facebook
Follow Own Your Beauty on Facebook

This email was sent to duitlumbung@gmail.com by rita@blogher.com |  
BlogHer | 1301 Shoreway Road | Belmont | CA | 94002

0 komentar:

Texts

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts

About Me

Followers

Blog Archive