Own Your Beauty: The Biggest Fear

You're receiving this email because you requested it.
 
You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Own Your Beauty
April 27, 2011

Hey beautiful,

 

April in Kansas City is a month of mud, wind and rain. This year has been no exception. I always hated the whole "April showers bring May flowers" garbage, but yeah, whatever: It's true. The deluge does bring the bulbs. The heartbreak does bring the perspective.

It's not all for nothing.

This has been a month of rebirth. Next month, we'll be talking about agelessness -- and stay tuned for a very special guest.

Take care.

One Good Thing About Heartbreak (an Excerpt from Karen Walrond's The Beauty of Different) 

eggs

Lead blogger Karen Walrond shares her journey from rock bottom to where she stands, fifteen years later. 

 

About fifteen years ago, I convinced myself that my life had fallen completely apart, never to be put back together again. I was in my late twenties and my first marriage had ended. After taking the bar exam (and barely passing), I moved out into an apartment on my own and was promptly laid off from my first legal job ever. I was jobless, alone and running through my savings. Fast.

 

In short, I was a mess. Read more. 


Kwan KwokGirl in Translation author Jean Kwok (featured next in BlogHer Book Club) shares her story about her brother Kwan, on whom her heroine is partially based.

 

Let me tell you about the worst thing that has ever happened to me. As the youngest of seven children, I used to lie in bed and worry about the rest of my family all dying before me. My only consolation was my older brother Kwan, who was the closest to me in age. We would go through it together, until the bitter end, and in my over-imaginative mind, I thought that saying good-bye to him would be the worst of all. Then, in November 2009, Kwan disappeared a few days before Thanksgiving weekend. Read more.

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Rita

Rita Arens

Rita Arens,  on behalf of the editors of BlogHer


Own Your Beauty on Facebook
Follow Own Your Beauty on Facebook

This email was sent to duitlumbung@gmail.com by rita@blogher.com |  
BlogHer | 1301 Shoreway Road | Belmont | CA | 94002

0 komentar:

Texts

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts

About Me

Followers

Blog Archive